Pages

Translate

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Português Aula 2: Perguntando o nome (Asking somebody's name)

Hi everybody!


Well, after greeting it's time to ask names and introduce yourselves. In Portuguese there are more than one sentence to ask somebody's name:




Qual é o seu nome?
Fonte:http://portuguesparahispanohablantes.blogspot.com.br
> What is your name?

Como é seu nome?
> How is your name?

Seu nome é...?
> Your name is...?

Desculpe, não sei o seu nome...
> I'm sorry, I don't know your name...

Como você se chama? (more formal)
> What is your name?




All of these sentences are suitable for any situation, although "Como você se chama?" is a bit more formal.

Curiosity: In the past another way to ask names was "Qual é a sua graça?", very oldfashioned!




But how do you answer saying your name?


Meu nome é João? > My name is João,

Eu me chamo Camila. > My name is Camila.

Eu sou o Miguel? > I am Miguel.


In a new post I'll introduce you to to the forms of address, but for now it's good to know brazilians are  usually very informal when addressing others.


I hope you enjoy!

Até logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment